Monday, April 2, 2012

Dear Zachary, I Hope You Never Have To Do This Again.

These past few days have been rough! You caught a terrible respiratory virus last week and it rocked our world. Here's the story:

Last Monday, terrible fires started in the foothills. You and I really struggled with sneezing and coughing. The air quality was poor and you and I sure noticed. And then came Thursday morning....

You were coughing all night, so we were all exhausted. Dad left for work in Houston, so when you woke up, I gave you some medicine and sat with you for awhile as you watched cartoons. I noticed you were breathing very strong, even using your stomach muscles. I thought this looked strange, so we went to your Doctor's office. Once we got there, everything seemed to happen in a blink.

Your oxygen levels were very low and you were taking too many breaths per minute. You were struggling to breathe. After a few treatments, we were taken in an ambulance to the ER. I called your Dad and he started to work on flights home to be with you.

We spent a total of three days in the Hospital. The treatments were tough, and you hated being confined to a small room and lots of tubes and wires, but you got better each day. I'm still in shock and how fast everything progressed.

We're so thankful you're better and you continue to get stronger. It was so tough to see you sick, but it means the world to have you back at home with us.

Here's to hoping you never have to do this again!

This was your view from the Hospital room.

The monitor on your toe was driving you bonkers!



You still had a smile to make the best of the situation







One of your many nebulizer treatments. This was so heart wrenching to go through.





You got a new Thomas the Train sticker book that kept you pretty busy.












Waking Dad up in the morning to play on the IPad







You were SO SICK! Look at that face!
















You looked SO CUTE in your Hospital gown, but hated being confined to your small room with all of your tubes and wires.















In the ER







Our rides to the Hospital


This was one of your first treatments at the Doctor's office. Poor guy!
Poor Baby! You just weren't yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment