Sunday, September 25, 2011

"If It's Not Dangerous, Let Him Do It."

Famous words from our pediatrician. During Zachary's last wellness visit, his doctor asked me if we've childproofed the house since he's so mobile. I told her we removed most of the danger, and to my surprise, she told me we may have removed some of the fun for Zachary. She told me that we need to let him explore and learn, so if it wasn't dangerous, we should let him try it.

So, we've let up on our worry and have let Zachary just be a little boy. Some afternoons while we wait for Kyle to come home, we play in the grass and Zachary usually eats a few pieces of grass and chews on a few rocks. I like to think it makes him appreciate his dinners a little more.

Here are a few photos of Zachary learning and enjoying being a little boy. This branch went right in the mouth.....mmmmmmm.....tasty....


Future mechanic?


He checked the tires before he got on. No lie.


His new favorite game: slamming the cabinet doors.






Open, close, open, close.











Helping Dad unload the dishwasher. He likes the wheels on the rack.













1 comment:

  1. What a cutie!!! Love his face when opening and closing cabinets... that was Austin's favorite thing to do and then I couldn't take it anymore, so I locked them. NO FUN! LOL!

    ReplyDelete