Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th Of July

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July!

Kyle, Zachary and I had a great Holiday.  It started Tuesday night when Zachary and I went to Lisa, Joe, and Joey's house after work.  We got to spend time with friends and even got to see the Healds.  Little Eden is getting big and she's the same size as Zachary, so it was fun for him to have another little one to play with. 

On Wednesday, we headed to the pool with the Walsh's.  Our pool had a huge party with lots of activities for everyone in the family.  Colin and Dylan were diving for coins and Capri Suns and everyone had a blast watching the cannonball competition.  Kyle put Zachary on his shoulders to watch and Zachary loved getting a great view of the splashes.

In the afternoon, we loaded the kids up and rode bikes to our local firefighter station to give them Red, White, and Blue cookies.  The firefighters were very thankful and gave Colin and Dylan a tour of the truck.  I thought Zachary would really enjoy seeing all of the nobs and tools on the truck, but he was so excited they too, had a washer and dryer like he did at his house.  I couldn't get him away from it and I think he was close to volunteering to do a load for them.  One of the firefighters told Kristy and I that he volunteered to help in Colorado Springs and told us a few stories.  It was incredible to hear them firsthand.

There was a statewide ban on any type of firework (even sparklers) and we were happy everyone complied.  This was certainly not the year to start an accidental fire.  So, even without the traditional firework show, we made the best of it and started our own tradition.

We're headed to Breckenridge this weekend, so hope to have some fun pictures for you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment