You've certainly been a trooper lately, keeping up with your big brother. He has us chasing him a lot, so mom's pretty tired all of the time. I wanted to tell you a few fun things:
- Each night, Zachary brushes his teeth in the mirror. After we're done, we play a little game, where I say, "Where's Mom?"....Zachary will point in the mirror to me. Then, it's "Where's Zachary?".......again, he'll point in the mirror. Lastly, I'll ask, "Where's baby brother?" I then point to my belly. On Thursday night, when I asked him where you were, he pulled up HIS shirt and pointed to his belly. I couldn't help not to chuckle. I'm pretty sure you'll be a tough adjustment for your brother, but once he figures it out, I think he'll like this new role.
- I went to visit your Dad at work last week, and he has a picture of you up on his desk. He's already proud of you. You're pretty lucky to have your Dad. He takes great care of us and loves to play games with kids. Right now, Zachary thinks he's the best hide-and-go-seeker on the planet, and I'm sure you'll think the same too.
- This morning, Grandma and Grandpa Sawyer came up to take out the furniture in the spare bedroom. We're getting ready to move Zachary into the big room and start decorating your new room. We're hoping Zachary gets excited about his new space, so we'll soon start painting and looking for furniture. Grandma and Grandpa spent extra time singing to you and your brother after the move, which was a lot of fun. They are super excited to meet you and I'm sure you'll be excited to get their attention.
- Even though you have an older brother, I promise you'll still get your own things. Take it from me, with an older sister, I wore a lot of the same clothes and shared the same toys, but I wouldn't have it any other way. You may go through a time when you may not think your brother is the coolest, but as you grow up, you'll be best friends for a long time. Your mom and your aunt are truly best friends and I'm hoping you have the same love for your older brother as I do for my older sister.
Here are a few photos of you and your brother. We're getting pretty excited about you, little guy!
Love,
Your Mom

Why does it not seem "real" that you're having a baby in a few months?!? crazy!!!! Z is getting SOOO big. We need to get these boys together. Soon.
ReplyDelete