Monday, September 17, 2012

We're Alive and Well

It's been so long since I've posted, but I promise it will get better.   I have a new computer arriving soon as a birthday gift from Kyle and Z, so this will help me post photos faster.  Until then, this is what we've been up to:

- Labor Day weekend.  We took Colin and Dylan on the last day of the pool before it closed.  It was so sad to think the summer was over.  Each of the boys did multiple runs on the slide and everyone enjoyed the nice summer day.  Zachary was so brave this summer, learning to jump in the water and go down the slide.  We're hoping to keep him in the water as much as we can this winter to keep his confidence up.  We'd love to do lessons in the Spring.

- My Birthday!!!  I had a great birth-week.  I spent a lot of time with the Walsh boys and got to have dinner with Mom and Dad in Colorado Springs.  It was fun to see Mom out of her sling and enjoying the use of her right hand after her shoulder surgery.  I'm hoping it's totally healed by November!  I ate plenty of cake in the week and was showered with some nice gifts.  It's not easy being exhausted and pregnant on your birthday, but it's nice to celebrate with loved ones.

- Little T.  We're eight weeks to go.  Pretty crazy to think about.  We've been preparing every weekend by getting the boys rooms painted, getting our carpets cleaned, and buying Zachary big boy furniture.  Zachary will still be in a crib when he moves to his new room, but he got some great gear to make him excited about the transition.  Kyle and I ventured to Ikea on Saturday, so Z went to Pam and Dave's house so we could focus and actually make a purchase this trip.  It seems he had a blast, because when they brought him home, he crashed!  Kyle and I even had time to sneak in a quick, early dinner, and grocery shopped together.  It was nice to get some things checked off the list!  Now wish us luck assembling a huge dresser that's in two boxes in our garage....

I'm starting to feel totally exhausted.  On Saturday, I fell asleep in the laundry.  I have such great intentions, but just can't seem to find the energy to complete tasks.  Stairs are getting tougher and stairs with a 20 pound toddler on board are getting ridiculously tiring.  Baby T moves A LOT- it's totally wild.  It seems he likes hanging out on the left side of my belly and gets hiccups quite often.  It's early, but he's head down and I'm totally paranoid he's down there looking for the exit.  Stay put little baby.  We need just a few more weeks.

My cravings change often and right now, we are craving flavored water.  We love it.  The #1 choice is blood orange Pellegrino.  mmmmmmmm.  I'm also still loving cake/cupcakes.  The Walsh's got me a fruit tart from Whole Foods for my birthday and I ate 1/2 of it.  No lie.  When you're pregnant and loving what you're eating, you think, "I can't believe I'm eating so much" and then, before you know it, it's, "I can't believe I ate the whole thing". 

My work is totally wild and I get really anxious thinking about leaving for three months.  I'm hoping everything works out for me to come back in the Spring.  Being in sales is pretty unpredictable, but we're hoping things work out like they did this year.  I'm planning on Zachary going to school while I'm on leave, so I'm excited to focus on our new little one.

I'll post photos of the new rooms for the boys soon.  They probably won't be complete until baby T is here, but they'll be done eventually.

Photos to come, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment