It's been while, so wanted to share a few photos and updates
1. Zachary is getting ready to move to the preschool room. It's a pretty big transition for him, as there are big kids and a HUGE room that holds up to 40 kids. Kyle and I often talk about the new room to help with the transition. As Kyle walked Zachary into school this morning, he pointed to the new room and Zachary responded with, "No Dad. Not today. Maybe tomorrow." Poor guy. Wish us luck with that one.
2. Max is HUGE. What a big boy! He certainly verbalizes his wants and has many likes at this age. He loves: playing with Hot Wheels, riding on his ATV toy after school, slides, juice boxes, reading on your lap, wearing hats and sunglasses, eating fruit snacks, watching Disney movies with Zachary, dancing to music, his dog and ANY dog around, laughing, and his teacher Selma.
3. Zachary is growing quite a bit too! He enjoys: eating beans at cheese at Qdoba, eating chips and salsa, reading books in his new big boy bed, working on puzzles, dominating his brother while I'm not looking, peeing while standing up (it's the new thrill), farting, playing in his room, going to Ikea, finding school buses on the way to school, eating dark chocolate with me, playing sports with Kyle, riding his truck in the cul-de -sac, slamming doors, and playing in the basement.
4. Zachary had his follow up GI appointment last week and although his allergies showed to worsen, we're more positive and hopeful than ever before. Kyle and I are meeting with a nutritionist to develop a good game plan for his meals and hope this helps spark his appetite
5. The weather is getting warmer and we're ready as ever- especially with Daylight Savings. The boys request to play outside until it's too cold or dark, as they try to soak up as much sun as possible. Last weekend, Zachary was playing on his swing set, smiling and tells me, "Mom? I love my house.". I've been loving it too and they'll both enjoy playing more this Spring.
6. Kyle will start soccer with Zachary in another week. Last summer, Kyle coached Zachary's soccer team and loved it. After the second week, he developed his own lesson plans and the kids loved playing with him. He's looking forward to another season with Zachary, and I'm sure Max will get himself into the games as well.
7. The boys both enjoy: Pete the Cat books, Curious George books, the Disney movies Cars, Cinderella, and Frozen, playing basketball and kicking soccer balls, hide-and-seek, eating raisins in bulk, taking trips to Target, meeting new kids and pets in the neighborhood, going to Jump Street Trampoline Center, and watching movies in Kyle's new truck.
There are a few moments in my days when I realized how blessed I am. I have a great partner in Kyle and two of the best kids on the planet. We're so blessed and so lucky and I hope it only gets better!
2. Max is HUGE. What a big boy! He certainly verbalizes his wants and has many likes at this age. He loves: playing with Hot Wheels, riding on his ATV toy after school, slides, juice boxes, reading on your lap, wearing hats and sunglasses, eating fruit snacks, watching Disney movies with Zachary, dancing to music, his dog and ANY dog around, laughing, and his teacher Selma.
3. Zachary is growing quite a bit too! He enjoys: eating beans at cheese at Qdoba, eating chips and salsa, reading books in his new big boy bed, working on puzzles, dominating his brother while I'm not looking, peeing while standing up (it's the new thrill), farting, playing in his room, going to Ikea, finding school buses on the way to school, eating dark chocolate with me, playing sports with Kyle, riding his truck in the cul-de -sac, slamming doors, and playing in the basement.
4. Zachary had his follow up GI appointment last week and although his allergies showed to worsen, we're more positive and hopeful than ever before. Kyle and I are meeting with a nutritionist to develop a good game plan for his meals and hope this helps spark his appetite
5. The weather is getting warmer and we're ready as ever- especially with Daylight Savings. The boys request to play outside until it's too cold or dark, as they try to soak up as much sun as possible. Last weekend, Zachary was playing on his swing set, smiling and tells me, "Mom? I love my house.". I've been loving it too and they'll both enjoy playing more this Spring.
6. Kyle will start soccer with Zachary in another week. Last summer, Kyle coached Zachary's soccer team and loved it. After the second week, he developed his own lesson plans and the kids loved playing with him. He's looking forward to another season with Zachary, and I'm sure Max will get himself into the games as well.
7. The boys both enjoy: Pete the Cat books, Curious George books, the Disney movies Cars, Cinderella, and Frozen, playing basketball and kicking soccer balls, hide-and-seek, eating raisins in bulk, taking trips to Target, meeting new kids and pets in the neighborhood, going to Jump Street Trampoline Center, and watching movies in Kyle's new truck.
There are a few moments in my days when I realized how blessed I am. I have a great partner in Kyle and two of the best kids on the planet. We're so blessed and so lucky and I hope it only gets better!
![]() |
| Reading books in Zachary's big boy bed |
![]() |
| Zachary and Max have a glass wall between them at school. They will often tap on the glass and look for each other throughout the day. So fun! |








No comments:
Post a Comment