Happy Birthday Elvis.
We're at 23 weeks today! We've been super busy with family this past weekend, but amazingly enough, I don't have an updated photo for you. I had my camera with me on Sunday, ready for the cutest 4th of July pic, but then I felt hot and far from cute, so we skipped documenting that experience.
Kyle's grandparents as well as his Aunt and Cousin are in town from St Louis. They even got to see the Cardinals play the Rockies last night. They stayed up really late just to see the Rockies win in the last inning. Either way, I'm sure our child will own a few Cardinals shirts growing up.
We're currently playing the name game quite often. It's a pretty big deal to give your kid a name- especially a little boy! Little girls take many of the boy names, so I want to make sure there aren't any girls in his class with the same name. We want a traditional and classic name that clearly says "I'm a boy". The great debate goes on.
Another frustration is decorating the nursery. If you have a baby boy, you're stuck with a lot of boats and sports. As far as the boats, I think it's comical that we live in Colorado (think: landlocked) and the sports are cute, but what if he wants to be an opera singer and hates sports? Many people ask me what the theme is for the nursery to which I have to respond- "boy". Literally, we have lots of blue and that's as far as we've gotten. You'll still have to wait for the final reveal on what boy decor I dug up.
It's a bit crazy to think we're six months into this experience. We've officially signed up for childbirth classes and another class I like to call "How To Keep Your Baby Alive". They talk about CPR and why you shouldn't let your baby play with fire. We'll take all of the suggestions we can handle. We've also checked into daycare for little Elvis. Many places are booked, but Kristy and Sean's daycare gave us a spot in February since we're a family referral. I went through the pricing sheet and to summarize, we'll be poor, but at least he won't be playing with fire while I'm at work.
I promise we'll get some photos soon. Thanks for checking in!
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment