Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Nesting? PULEEZE. I practically invented the phrase.

NESTING: "An uncontrollable urge to clean one's house brought on by a desire to prepare the nest for a new baby, to tie up loose ends of old projects and to organize your world".

Some women go into crazy cleaning in their house. Been there. Done that. This is a new extreme. I freaked out last week and told Kyle that I wouldn't be able to spend my maternity leave looking at old paint the previous owners chose. So, I called a paint company and within a week, schedule the entire inside of our house painted. It's been a great experience and Kyle has worked very hard to prepare the house for the team of painters to invade this pregnant woman's home. I really like the colors so far and will snap a few after shots for you after this week. The photos below are of me standing in the the middle of my nesting. Today, we're eight weeks to go, but you get the idea.

Other happenings this weekend. Kyle, Kristy and Sean went to the CSU/CU game. It was a really boring game, as both teams looked pretty bad, but in the end, CU won and Kyle lost a bet to the Walsh family for another year. I was so sad not to go this year, but was proud Kyle went to cheer for me and Elvis.

Also, I came down with a super yucky cold Monday night. I'm not sure if you know this, but you really can't take much for a cold while pregnant, so I sat on the couch all day with aches. Again, Kyle came to the rescue and made me vegetarian no-chicken soup and helped me get some rest, so feeling a little better today. I guess it's inevitable that over nine months, I'd get one cold, but it's still no fun.

The Tormoehlen family is super busy getting ready for the baby and I think he knows it. I get lots of kicks, so I think he's getting stronger and getting ready to rock our world in just two months!

She's such a great Grandma. Here she is playing puzzles with the boys.
"Mom! I don't want a photo!"

Here's a picture of Colin checking out his cousin. He thought the ultrasound photos were pretty cool.



Kyle before the big game


Kimbo preparing for baby.






This room is getting attacked by painters today!






3 comments:

  1. Hi my name is Kairee and I am the cutest preggers ever. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Lauren's comment...you and Cara both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures of the shower look fantastic! Hard to believe only a month to go... Trixy and I are getting very excited as I am sure the two of you are as well:)

    ReplyDelete