Friday, November 19, 2010

My Child Never Sleeps. Good Thing He's Really Cute.

I never sleep and my little man parties all night. I've turned into an entertainment monkey! Our home is now set up in stations and we rotate throughout the circuit of swinging, vibrating chairs, made up songs while I rock him.

Yesterday, Zachary and I went to Grandma Pam's house so that I could take a nap. The two of them seemed to have a lot of fun together and even found time to bake cookies together. Zachary just watched Pam cook and was mesmerized with her singing. It was great to catch a nap! Zachary is two weeks old today and I've learned a lot from him.

You know you're a new mom when:
  • You drive 30 mph on the freeway with a baby in your car.
  • You think 5 hours of sleep is amazing
  • A hot shower makes you feel like you've won the lotto
  • You cram frozen peas in your bra.....ok, maybe this is just me, but don't knock it 'till you try it.
  • When your child FINALLY got out that stubborn booger at 2am, by sneezing it on your face and you respond, "Great job!"
  • You smell like spit up
  • Your own nursery song singing frightens you
  • You actually own a pair of 'nice' sweatpants when people come over
  • You eat cold dinners
  • You forget what day it is

All of Zachary's habits have rocked my world, but it only takes one smile from him to confirm how in love I am with him. He's such a babe and I'm looking forward to more great memories to come. Zachary has taught a lot over these last two weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Those first few months of no sleep are tough, it does get much much better! Yes, I also put frozen peas in my bra, that will get better soon too! Showers do become amazing; I still look forward to every weekend because Jeff will take Mckenna and I will take a long shower and get to do my nails and pluck a few eyebrow hairs if I choose...it is such a treat! Thinking about you every day. Call me anytime!

    ReplyDelete