Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Zachary's Story

I was over being pregnant and gave up thinking I'd ever had a baby of my own. I was tired, sore, and had contractions all week, but nothing seemed to get this baby movin'.

After Kyle hung the final photos in the nursery, I went to bed very sad.....and then woke up at 1am with lots of contractions. I decided to wait them out for awhile before waking Kyle. After many false alarms, I wanted to make sure this was the real thing before getting him up. At 2 am, the contractions were getting closer and stronger and I fired the alarm with Kyle. We started to pack the car and headed to the hospital. Other than having contractions, I felt great and we even had time to stop by to get a coffee and cash on our way

We walked into the emergency room and were admitted for a labor check. We got all hooked up and the nurse said if I didn't make any progress in an hour, they would release us, as they needed the room for delivering babies, not having contractions. Kyle and I took laps around the hospital and after an hour, the nurse looked surprised, as I moved forward very quickly. She just smiled and said, "You're having your baby today." It took Kyle and I for surprise!

Things progressed very quickly. I received my epidural by 9a and started to push by 10a. The Doctor told Kyle and I we'd have our baby by lunch time! Crazy!! Zach was born by 12:58pm. I must say, it was a great experience. Kyle was a great coach and the nurses were great. I was overjoyed and overwhelmed when he was born and I'll never forget it.

For the ladies- I don't know why women like to tell you their labor horror stories, but I'm here to tell you that sometimes it doesn't happen like they tell you. Sometimes, you get a husband like Kyle that supports you and helps you when you're scared. Sometimes, you get a nurse that holds you when you get your epidural. Sometimes, you get a Doctor that truly cares about you and your family. And sometimes, your baby arrives perfectly. I had an incredible experience and am here to tell you otherwise. And no matter what your birth story is, the ending is always the same. You're in total love by the end.

And we're in total love with Zachary.

Car ride home from the hospital.



Sweet baby.....

So little, so perfect.



Pam and her first Grandson.




Uncle Sean and Aunt Kristy


Pam and Dave



Day One of our new life. This is what love looks like.....


Kyle and our incredible Doctor. Dr. Reid Goodman, we're thankful for you.


Sleepy baby, sleepy mommy.


Daddy and Zach.



Colin put a blown up hospital glove in his shirt and said "Now I'm having a baby!".....jokes....


















Zach and his buddy- Mr Blue Elephant



Carter, my niece, is getting so big!!



First Bath


Epidural. I love you.


























Someone get this girl some drugs!!

2 comments:

  1. I have been waiting for this post!! He is so stinkin' cute, it really isn't far to the other babies out there. Congrats T Fam!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.... I read this post, saw the pics of baby Zach and started lactating (seriously)! The joys of motherhood!

    Much love to the Tormoehlen Family!!!

    ReplyDelete