Friday, March 18, 2011

These Past Few Weeks

I've realized a few things:
  • Somehow, it's possible for a 4 month baby to be sick two of his four months.
  • It was way more fun seeing 2am in my 20's than in my 30's
  • Sleeping in until 7a feels like I hit the lotto
  • You can actually make a dinner for yourself with cottage cheese, crackers, grapes, and three twizzlers
  • If I dress Zachary in a cute outfit, it only lasts an hour before he barfs on it or poops in it.
  • Getting my hair colored and cut makes me feel like a 5'3"runway model. (no joke)
  • It's possible to sleep through staff meetings with my eyes open
  • God created coffee for parents
  • A great 'night out' still doesn't sound as fun as going to bed at 8p

I don't know how Kyle and I get through these weeks sometimes, but I'm so thankful for my family. Every Friday morning, we smile and say, "We Did It". It's never easy, and it's always filled with snot and goo, but somehow we make it work.

So cheers to Friday and cheers to all of the new parents. We survived another week!

1 comment:

  1. I never was addicted to coffee until I became a working mom. And I'm jealous of your 7am wake ups!

    ReplyDelete