Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Middle is Looking Pretty Good

Good thing I think my kid is stinking cute. These past few weeks have been rough! I think (I hope) we're on the road to recovery from the ear infections, but we still need to take everything one day at a time.

Z is starting to eat more, which is great. He eats rice cereal and fruit three times a day and it seems like his favorite so far is bananas. Even though he seems full, he still gets up at night for a meal or two. Kyle and I have developed a new skill of zombie walking and bottle making at night. I bet we would get a good chuckle if someone video taped the process.

Work has also been very challenging for me and I'm still trying to adjust. In the past, I've always been a successful career woman, and when I went back to work, I truly thought I could have it all- another successful year at work while being an all-star mom. And then reality hit. Over the past three months back, I've realized that being in the middle isn't such a bad place to be. Maybe I won't have a great year at work, but I can still be a great mom to Zachary. I'm thankful Zachary doesn't evaluate motherhood by sales figures and I'm slowly adjusting to life at work in the middle.

Here are a few photos of the family recovering from the past few weeks:
Kyle officially has a mini me. Zachary is looking more like his Dad everyday.
Z fell asleep in the car on the way home from school. It was pretty nice out, so I stuck him on the deck for some fresh air. His big brother was enjoying a little after school time as well.
Typical Colorado. It's April and I'm still dressing Zachary in fleece.

There's a lot of drool happening these days. I put bibs on my kid. Don't judge.

1 comment:

  1. Mediocrity is FINE by me too these days! I don't want to be the top performer anymore because then you're always on the radar and I certainly don't want to be on the radar for sucking, so I've decided that I like the middle too. It suits me well.

    ReplyDelete