Friday, June 29, 2012

The T's are BUSY!!

The Tormoehlen house has been busy!  We're exhausted from the week!

The week started off in a tough way.  My hometown of Colorado Springs broke out in a fire.  There were over 35,000 people evacuated from their homes and many of my childhood places were burning to the ground.  My parents home was just southeast of the burn, so they didn't have to leave, but the had large pieces of ash falling on their home throughout the day.  As of today, the fire is still not contained and it's devastating to see the damage on the morning news.  The event had me evaluating my belongings throughout the week.  I often thought,  "What would I grab if I had to leave?", "Would I be able to live without the things in my house?", "What if Zachary couldn't take his children by his childhood home when he's older?".  I send daily thoughts and prayers to those who lost everything.  I'm hoping the fire comes to an end soon.  Colorado has a state-wide ban on fireworks for this 4th of July, which is a good thing, but also very sad. 

And with the fire, Zachary's respiratory problems began again.  With the poor air quality, we ended up at the doctor's office by Tuesday afternoon to check his oxygen levels.  He'll need to continue to high doses of asthma medicine until the air quality improves.  The nebulizer treatments are tough on us all, but I'm thankful he's showing signs of improvement.

Zachary also started his new daycare this week.  This truly isn't a daycare, but a school for kids.  They teach the kids how to make their own lunch, clean up after themselves, and do household chores.  I'm already noticing his lessons, as he took my heels and placed them side-by-side in my closet on Wednesday!  The change is tough on him as well as Kyle and I, but I think it's the best for him in the long-run.

We also had some exciting news- meeting with my doctor to discover if Zachary will have a little brother or sister.  We're not sharing our news yet, as we're awaiting Kyle's family to arrive from STL next weekend.  All of Kyle's grandparents will be with us in Breckenridge next weekend for the 4th, so we'll tell them together.  I will let you know that I'm just as, if not more so, excited as I was to hear about Zachary.  And now that we can plan, we'll start moving Zachary out of the nursery and prepare the nursery for our new arrival this fall.  We'll share soon!

More to come, but thank you for the kind words and prayers regarding my family in Colorado Springs.  We are all safe and I'm hoping more families can find relief and peace soon with the end of the fire.

1 comment: