Max is quite the little guy already. He's growing and seems to change everyday.
From our last Doctor's visit, he's over his birth weight- 7 lbs even and looks very healthy. We are getting an ultrasound of his hips done in a few weeks, as it's standard procedure for breech babies to check for hip problems, but no one seems concerned about the results.
Many people ask how Zachary is adjusting to his new role as a big brother. To be honest, I don't think Zachary minds Max. He doesn't seem interested in him until he cries and responds with, "Don't Cry Baby". Kyle and I have tried to get Zachary to call his brother Max rather than just 'baby', but in Zachary's little ears, 'Max' sounds like 'Snacks' and there's some confusion.
Zachary has been going to school while I'm on maternity leave and it's helped our family quite a bit. I have the time to focus on Max and Zachary can keep his routine at school and play with his friends. Kyle takes Zachary to school in the mornings and Max and I pick him up in the afternoons.
During Max's newborn visit, Zachary also had his 2-year wellness visit. He's still very small and still struggles with his skin, so we're seeing a pediatric dermatologist tomorrow to ask for some help. Zachary's poor skin will break out and he'll itch until he bleeds. Sometimes he'll have an attack and he'll meltdown, unable to stop scratching and crying. It's pretty sad, as Zachary is a great kid and it's hard to watch him struggle some days. Hopefully this doctor can provide a few suggestions for us. Zachary will also be on a daily inhaler through the winter in hopes of helping any respiratory issues. Zachary has sure struggled this past year with his skin and his breathing, so we're hoping we can work on getting him healthy.
This week is Thanksgiving and we're going to attempt visiting my family in Greeley. Hopefully the boys feel well enough to make the drive. I would love to introduce Max to his incredible Great-Grandparents! Max is my grandparent's SIXTH great-grandchild.
We've got a lot of exciting things happening at our house. I'll post more photos soon, but below are photos of Max's first bath. I put the diaper and cream by him to give you an idea of how little he is. When I dropped him in the bath, he didn't cry at all. He seemed to enjoy being in the water- maybe a future Olympic swimmer?
More to come. We hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving this week. We'll post photos of Max's FIRST Holiday soon.!
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment