Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Dear Max, Here's Your Birth Story

Sweet Baby Max,
 
You were breech for several weeks.  I felt your kicks in the same place for at least a month.  I was hopeful and positive you'd make the big turn.  As the weeks progressed, I started to worry and looked into ways to help you.  You and I started to see a yoga instructor several days a week to help give you space to turn.  Mommy would stretch and stand on her head, and we even saw a doctor that tried to push you out of my pelvis.  Unfortunately, none of it worked.  Prayers to turn turned into prayers for your delivery as we got closer.
 
Mom was so scared for a c-section.  It's major surgery and the recovery is tough.  Even tougher with your older brother.  But I tried to be brave for you and trust all would turn out for the best when I got the chance to hold you.
 
I had contractions all week, but when I got to work on Friday, November 2, they were getting stronger.  As it approached lunch time, my co-workers convinced me to just get checked.  The Doctor called us in to her office and after a quick check, she sent Mom and Dad straight to the hospital.  Around 3pm, I was already 6 cm dilated.  (10 is 'go time').  The contractions were strong and the Doctor moved us from a 7p surgery to a 'Right Now' surgery.
 
As they wheeled us down the hallway to our surgery room, mommy was very scared.  I heard babies being born all around me and got nervous to hear your cry.  As we entered the room, I said a little prayer for us.  I asked for courage and for you and I to come out of the room healthy.  The surgery was very uncomfortable and hard, but it was a joy to see you for the first time.
 
In the recovery room, I got to hold you for the first time.  You laid on my chest and I had the first sigh of relief in several weeks.  You were healthy, happy, and your weight made your mom and dad very happy- almost 7 lbs!!
 
As I held you, I thought about how lucky your Dad and I are.  Having a healthy baby is a true blessing and we're so lucky to have you.  You are a true joy and we're so excited to have you in our family.  We love you more than you'll ever know.
 
We named you Maxwell Russell Tormoehlen.  Russell is Mom's Grandpa's name, so it's very special.  You were born at 5:45 pm on Friday, November 2 at Rose Hospital in Denver.  You were 6bs 14 oz and had lots of blond hair.
 
Your Mom and Dad are looking forward to watching you grow and we're trilled you're a part of our family.  You'll quickly learn that Mom and Dad certainly aren't perfect, but we'll do the best for you everyday.  Our house is small, but there's plenty of room and love for you.
 
Welcome Baby Max.  We couldn't be happier you're here with us!
 
 
Ready Or Not, Here Max Comes!


Here he is!!

Lungs Work Well




First Bath



1 comment:

  1. Kairee! I love him!!! And you... and Russell??? Hello! Best name ever as a middle name, my favorite man in the whole world is my RoRo, a nickname for my stepdad who truly is the best man I know. CONGRATS!!!!

    ReplyDelete