Oh Max,
Where did the time go? You turned a month over the weekend and I feel like you'll be off to college soon. You're growing and changing every day and it's crazy to think you were born just a few weeks ago.
Before you were born, Mommy worried a lot about these first few months. I worried if your legs and hips would be ok since you were stuck breech. I worried how your brother would handle you in our family. I worried about me being able to give you the attention you deserved with your brother and his needs. Somehow, everything is working out. Somehow, your brother is getting curious about you. He shows moments of sweet affection and has even gotten protective over you. Somehow, you and I have got lots of quality time together even though our house and our days can be crazy. I can tell you enjoy hearing my voice and you certainly like it when I hold you for a quiet chat.
You've brought so much love into our house since you've been here. You have made me truly enjoy motherhood. When we pick up your brother together from school, we drive home and listen to Christmas music together. It's fun to sing and talk about the upcoming Holiday. Your Dad has been excited for your first Christmas, so our house is decorated and ready to celebrate with you.
You've also shown signs of patience, which has been very helpful. The mornings are quite crazy in our house, and you let Mom and Dad get out of the house with Zachary and his list of things for school. You'll sit in Zachary's crib, look around and listen to music (and some morning crankiness). Once Dad and brother are out of the house, we start our routine and then before we know it, we're off to get brother from school after his nap. It makes his day to see us.
I try hard not to think about my time with you as a count down, but it's hard to imagine going back to work. 12 weeks just isn't enough time together. Let's make a promise to take each day a little slower and enjoy the time we have.
Thanks for easing my worries, sweet Max. You're a sweet baby and the perfect addition to our family.
We love you more than you'll ever know,
Mom (and Dad and Zachary)
Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment