Thursday, June 10, 2010

Baby Mega Store Memory

Kyle and I were riding on cloud 9 after our appointment on Monday. Not only did we get to find out the gender of Elvis, but we received a perfect bill of health for mom and baby. This was a huge accomplishment for the family! I've been feeling increasingly better with the new thyroid dosage, making it easier to handle the constant tiredness.

To celebrate our week, Kyle and I decided to buy Elvis something, so we went to the mega baby store- Babies 'R Us. In the past (just even in the past few months), I would bravely venture in to purchase gifts for my mother-to-be girlfriends and get completely overwhelmed. I would even try to purchase gifts online and pay to have them delivered to my house just so that I wouldn't have to venture in the dreaded double doors. The people at Babies 'R Us are pretty smart. They usually have one or two employees right at the door to see the expressions walking in and jump in to help. They sure nailed my expressions, as I couldn't get two steps in before cringing. They have photos of other people's babies all over the walls and I would feel like I might walk out with a kid one day, much like the phrase "Don't Drink the Office Water".


After a few trips, I became more comfortable, so I thought it was time to let Kyle dip his toe in to the mega store this week to purchase our little boy a gift. The minute we walked in, the greeters as well as 10 super pregnant mothers smiled at Kyle's face. He made his first two steps in, took his sunglasses off, and let out a low and deep, "Whhhhhhooooooaaaaa". I smiled back at him, gave him a look of confidence, and we entered the baby mega store together as a family.


You can buy everything from baby soap to a full nursery set at this store. We were overwhelmed and settled on a pair of kicks for Elvis. They are a pair of Vans with skulls. After an hour of paroosing, we confidently made our purchase and walked out with a memory and a pair of size two sneakers. I'm sure we'll be back, but the first trip was certainly a memory I won't soon forget.
Kyle bought Elvis an Elmo Cupcake for his birthday this week. It was pretty incredible with no lack of frosting.

3 comments:

  1. You are absolutely glowing! I love that little belly:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty, pretty preggers. Kimbo always looks so stoked. Love him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are already the coolest mom!

    ReplyDelete