Friday, October 8, 2010

The In's and Out's Of Nine Months

Here are photos of week minus four. It's getting darker earlier at night, so out photos aren't turning out as well. You get the picture though- I'm getting bigger and feeling more uncomfortable.

We may be getting near the end of the pregnancy and it comes with mixed emotions. I've had a mild pregnancy, but there are certainly things I'm ready to leave behind. Here are the In's and Out's of my past nine months:

The 'Out's, or things I'm Over:
  • Maternity Clothes. I want to wear my old jeans again.
  • Having to think about how I'm going to get up every time I lay or sit down.
  • Having to wear the same pair of old crappy shoes everyday since they're the only ones that fit.
  • Stress at work. It's hard to think about all of the things I need to do before I leave.
  • Not enjoying a tall beverage with Kyle and friends. Don't get me wrong, I don't need a drink every day, but it sure helps with the point listed above (note: Stress at work)
  • Baby hiccupps. So cute when it first happens and then he gets bigger and they shake my whole belly for 20 minutes.
  • Lack of energy. I litterally get tired doing a load of laundry now.
  • Massive heartburn.
  • Headaches and random forgettfulness.
  • Questioning the sturcture and build of whatever I sit on before I sit on it.

The 'In's', or things I'll Miss:

  • Random people being nice to me or holding the door for me.
  • My mom calling right after each Dr apt to check on her grankid.
  • Sweet little Dylan and Colin pointing to my belly and asking about the baby.
  • A good excuse to get a pedicure every two weeks.
  • Kyle getting to come to appointments with me. It's just a fun reason to see him more often in the day.
  • Eating cupcakes and not feeling guilty.
  • Choosing cheese AND mayo on my sandwiches and not feeling guilty about it.
  • Calling Cara and laughing about what's happening to our bodies.
  • Watching Kyle in the baby section of Target. He loves to pick up little goodies for his new pal. I'm sure this won't change once the baby comes, but it's pretty cute to see it in person and watch him get so excited.

I had my 36 week appointment this past Wednesday and the Dr said the process is starting. It could be a few more weeks, or it could be any week soon. We're just excited to meet our new little man soon.


Proud dad to be


I think my photographer made me look like a midget in this photo



1 comment:

  1. Don't worry- now we'll have "mommy chats", especially while we're both out on materniry leave! We need to learn how to skype so our little ones can meet eachother...

    ReplyDelete