Saturday, April 10, 2010

Giving In


I've had it. I'm trading in my power yoga skinny jeans, pencil skirts, and fitted black pants. I'm giving in to elastic and there's no going back.


I read in some books that most women can make it well in to their fourth month without these elastic pants, but I have to remember that most women aren't as short as me and lacking a key body part for this job......a torso.


My first stop lead me to Kohl's with a 15% off coupon. I found my way to the back of the store only to find three sad racks of polka dotted tent-like tops. I'm ready to give in to elastic, but not ready to give in to teddy bears on my shirt. SIDE NOTE: I've NEVER been in to this store without seeing droves of women with their 15% off coupons and screaming children. How is it that this monster department store only holds THREE sad racks for these crazed women? Additionally, a man certainly thought of the layout of this store, as the Maternity section is conveniently located right next to sheer lingerie. As a woman with growing hips and a watermelon in my stomach, the last items I'd like to see while seeking out the coveted elastic pants is skimpy lingerie.


And then I see them.......the elastic pants. I took a few slow steps toward my new future. I grabbed a pair, took a deep sigh and headed in to the dressing room to check myself out.


I'll be the first to tell you ladies, this was one of the most terrifying yet gratifying experiences I've had in awhile. It's like wearing your most comfortable PJ's to work. I bought them in every color they carried. My new elastic pants are the new found happiness in my life. THINK: Elastic pants=Happy Kairee.


Watch out Corporate America. I'm comin' with my stretchy, professional pants with a vengeance. And writing a friendly suggestion to Kohls.


(Here is a picture of me in my last pair of skinn(ier) jeans.)

3 comments:

  1. I'm laughing so hard right now! I have resorted to just unbuttoning the top button, but my legs and ass are really growing, so I need something bigger. Much Bigger. Soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Kairee! I'm so so so excited for you! Cara said you had started a blog and I hope you don't mind me jumping on the reading wagon! Exciting times are here!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah to eleastic pants! Kohl's should put the maternity next to the bathrooms, what are they thinking? You look beautiful. We're so very happy for both of you.

    ReplyDelete