Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Elvis

Kyle has named our baby Elvis. This is our code word at work since not many know of our news.

Today, Elvis is 10 weeks old. Call it an excuse, or call it a fabulous idea, but I celebrate the weekly occasion with a cupcake. Elvis prefers dark chocolate.....with lots of frosting.

I'm truly lucky to have a very 'mild' first trimester. I'm queasy and totally exhausted, but this experience is pretty incredible and well worth the naps. Apparently, I'm already starting to show (even though I don't have a photo, Lisa will confirm), and it's fun and silly to hear the rumors at work flying. I catch many people staring at my belly and I respond "I'm on a work-out strike". Let's see how long I can keep up the wild stories!

We told both parents and both are excited and happy for Kyle and I. For the Sawyers, it will be grand baby #3, so they are pro's and excited to have another set of small feet running on their tile. My sweet nephews are the love of my mother's life, so I'm excited for her to teach and love our child just as much.

When we shared our news with Pam, she smiled and said she already knew. Call it being a nurse, or call it a super in-tune mother, but she was happy we officially told her. Pam and Dave will have a granddaughter in August with Eric and Alicia. The Tormoehlen Christmas will be very loud and there will be no shortage of bellies when we take our trip to Florida in May.

Last and most exciting- my amazing friend Cara and her husband Ryan will be having their first just a week before our baby is due. I've always had a very close connection to Cara and even though she moved to California years ago, the distance has made our friendship even closer. It's incredible to be going through this experience with my best friend and a woman that I admire dearly. It's also fun to call at random to ask ,"Is this normal? Did this happen to you?". These are only the kind of questions I would ask to Cara and know I'd not only get a factual response from one of her 20 pregnancy books, but a personal suggestion on how to manage the symptom that will make me laugh all day. I wouldn't be surprised if we delivered on the same day.

1 comment:

  1. I think you SHOULD name your kid Elvis. I knew a guy in high school named Elvis and he was pretty rad.

    ReplyDelete